Sunday, February 17, 2013


National Pancake Day is Tuesday, February 12.  You can go to the store and buy your pancakes already made.  You will see more pancake mixes out though at this time.  All the stores have them placed in a prominent place though for Pancake Day.

 On Thursday is Valentine’s Day and I want to wish you all a Happy Valentine’s day.  In Scotland it is a day for adults.  You see no valentines for children to exchange.

 
I skipped Wednesday, how can I do that.  The first Krispie Crème Doughnut place is opening in Scotland and it is right here in Edinburgh.  It looks like all the ones in Utah or America and have the Hot light to let you know when they are frying them.

 Saturday I get to go into the office and meet with our legal advisor from England and we are going over leases.  He is coming up to meet with an attorney on Friday about HMO licenses and how they affect us.  I should be there for an hour to an hour and a half and then I am not sure what we will be doing.

 Because of his coming, last week I have been going through all of my flat folders writing down information that we need to know about each flat and what it says.  It is amazing the different kind of leases there are and how short or long they can be to say what they think needs to be said.

 
As an office staff we are reading the Book of Mormon.  We each read about 13 pages a night and then we take turns reporting on those pages.  Today is my turn and I am reporting on Alma 37 through 42 which includes Alma the Younger’s blessings to his sons.  He has three sons. One becomes the record keeper, one has been valiant all of his life and is told to basically continue what he has been doing, and the third is the one that is more like Alma when he was young and Alma is trying to get him to want to get back on the path.  Alma didn’t do the same kinds of things his son is doing but they both needed to change.  Also Alma knows he wants to understand what happens after he dies and Alma explains that to him.  In short, that is what I will be giving my devotional on this morning. 

Sharon, Lee, Adell, Sue, or Bruce, do you ever remember receiving a Father’s Blessing from dad?  I have tried to think back and I do not remember receiving one.
 
 

We went to the National Mining Museum on Saturday and I went down 1600 hundred feet in an actual coal mine and learned all about the work and working conditions.  We were given a tour by an actual miner that worked in the mines in that area.  The mines were all closed down within the last 20 years ago.  They were started back in the 1700’s. At that time everyone in the family worked in the mine from a very young age and conditions were horrible. It was very interesting to learn about coal mines and how it was mined.
 

 
Have a wonderful week.  It is time to get ready for work since I didn’t get to this yesterday.  We are having computer problems, but that is not the reason I didn’t get to it yesterday.  I had the devotional to prepare for, and sharing time to finish up in the morning since I just found out I was giving it Saturday while we were out exploring.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment