Sunday, June 3, 2012

Week Ending June 3 2012

We live in the section of the city called Corstophine.  Yesterday, they had their fair in the park that we walked down to experience.  We should have had a booth set up to introduce the Church because every other organization had a booth set up.  They had many of the usual toys for the kids including a giant slide, bounces houses, and even a paint ball range provided by the army. 


Then we enjoyed watching a drum and bagpipe band perform and then they had a re-creation of the people of Corstorphine defending their city against the invading British army. 















After an hour and a half in the park we walked back home and drove to the Newhailes Home that was the seaside home of the Dalrymple family since the 17th century.  The last living descendant had to move to a retirement home and didn’t want to see the home sold to be made into a hotel or any such thing and so she sold it to the National Trust of Scotland to be kept as a house untouched by modern hands since the updates in the 18th century.  I think we also have pictures to share of the outside of it.  I wonder if my friend Nancy was related to that Dalrymple family.


This last week was a catch up on projects week.  We were still just as busy, but they  were things that needed done but no time for the other weeks and were things you could put off a week.  Now this next week is sending missionaries home, getting new ones, transferring others, and all that stuff so it will be a busy late night week.  It is always fun though.

Last week I had the experience of greeting a man who came in looking for a priest.  I took him to the main office and Elder Graham ended up visiting with him for over an hour.  This man had since been back a couple of times and met with Elder Graham who then invited the Elders in to teach him also.  It has been interesting to see the physical difference in that man in one week.  He has dressed differently, looks cleaner, and happier.  It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Each week I read the Mutual lesson over even though it may not be my turn to teach.  When I was reading the lesson last night, the topic was Forgiveness which is one our girls need as there are several that do not like each other.  I didn’t know who was supposed to be teaching this week, but this morning I felt that I needed to prepare to do so.  When I got to church, Sister Mead was the first person I met and she asked me if I could teach today as she had left her manual at church and didn’t feel she could teach a lesson on forgiveness since she and her daughter were part of the problem we are having.  She wondered if I could teach the one I was scheduled to teach next week.  I told her I had actually prepared  the one on Forgiveness and would rather do that one.  The only problem was some of the girls were not there that needed it.  I went ahead with it anyway.  It is amazing the way The Lord works in Mysterious Ways.

Last week’s letter was too long and so I am going to end this weeks now.  We love you, pray for you, and love hearing from you.  Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment